Monday, December 3, 2012

Life & Style | My Favorite Job

So,

What was your dream job when you were a kid?

A police officer, a doctor, a CIA agent?

My daughter asked me this question the other day.

My answer was simple:

A bookstore owner.

So working in a library is a pretty good alternative.

Growing up, one of my favorite things to do was to walk about 30 minutes to our local bookstore to buy books. The owner was this old gentleman who was always reading. I wanted his job. 

To be exact, I wanted his job and his bookstore.

When I started working in a library, my parents weren't thrilled. They wanted me to work in the medical field.  

What were they thinking? I faint when I see too much blood and I am terrible at Chemistry.  

Anyway, did I tell you what my daughter wants to be?

A Chef.

Are we all in the business of disappointing our parents? I wonder sometimes!

I am hoping that my daughter changes her mind before she turns 18.

At least, we will always have one thing in common. We both love to read. 

So maybe, just maybe when I am retired, my daughter is going to bake me the most delicious cake while I read to her aloud in our kitchen.

One can only hope. 

By the way, if someone you know is looking for career or scholarship info, send her/him to your local library to help her/him make wise career choices. 

These are just a few examples of these resources: 

Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance

Peterson's scholarships, grants & prizes 2013 

Scholarship catalog ( Stockton Unified School District)

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha

No comments:

Post a Comment