Friday, December 7, 2012

Food, Food, Food | Friday Night Fun

So it's a fun Friday night in Stockton.  I am taking a fellow librarian out to dinner for her birthday.  I asked her where she wants to go and she announced that we will be going to "our place" which translates to Centrale.  Centrale just changed menus for the winter and I am so excited to get a gander at it.  If you haven't had a chance to go there, go there.  I am pretty loyal to the Miracle Mile and eating at locally owned restaurants.

Speaking of which, I noticed that The Ave (also on the Miracle Mile) is having an 80's event tonight.  They encourage you to dress for that decade.  I remember that decade all too well since I was in high school and college then.  I had a bad perm (more than once) and did indeed do the Jane Fonda workout.  (That may have been the last decade that I did regular exercise.) 

Here are some fun books that you might enjoy reading about the 1980's

Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Pat Benatar

Getting the Pretty Back: Friendship, Family and Finding the Perfect Lipstick by Molly Ringwald

No comments:

Post a Comment