Friday, October 19, 2012

Food, Food, Food! ? Vegetarian???

Without meaning to, I sort of gave up meat this week.  The last time I had any meat was last Friday evening.  I suppose it would be more accurate to say that I've started eating spaghetti with Alfredo and red sauce in a beautiful mixture with cheese for dinner rather than focusing on the lack of meat.  I am not sure how long this will last, but the weight loss is welcome and the massive amount of carbs help me sleep through the night.  The three dogs that each want to be in bed and pressed up to the same spot on my side are not as helpful. 
Tonight I am going to try something new in my vegetarian world- rice with bbq sauce, cheese and sour cream.  As I type that I realize that what I really am is addicted to carbs and dairy.  I suppose there are worse addictions.


I just grabbed this book: Vegetarian Cooking Around the World and I am certainly interested in sampling something called “Butter Cookies.”  I’d actually just like any cookie with butter spread on top of it, as long as there aren't raisins in it.  What a waste of a perfectly good grape!  Also, this book reminded me that if I stay a vegetarian, I bet I can have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a lot more often than I normally do!  Oh and grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.  Suddenly, I don’t miss meat at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment