Friday, August 9, 2013

Miss Moneypennypincher | Libraries Like Freeloaders

I'm back!!! Okay, so it's been longer than ever now since I have done a "short attention span challenge".  I've already thrown in the towel as far as completing the challenge on a weekly basis, but that doesn't mean I can't put a random blog post up every week about this and that (and maybe do a challenge occasionally as well).  For now, I have decided to focus my weekly blog posts about all things free!  Free? Yes! Free. See folks, you may have already deduced this from some of my previous posts, but I am sort of a cheapskate.  I drive my cars until they are good and dead. I was probably the only Millennial (I think I am one of those, right?)  that did not carry a smart phone (for a very long time).  In fact, my parents both had the iPhone before I did.  That was sort of humiliating, actually.  Signing up for a cable contract makes me feel sick. I love getting free samples. Hello, Costco! It's just how I am.  It doesn't mean I don't like nice things.  I do!  But, isn't it always better to get stuff on the cheap?  I think so!
What's wrong?  I still run! (photo courtesy of cartocars.com)



And that is one of the things that is so flippin' awesome about the library.  As long as you don't bring your materials back late, everything is FREE!  We even have stuff that is free without a possibility of late fees.  I will get into that in the next post!  It's amazing how many resources the library offers that many people don't even know about.  So I'm going to SPREAD THE WORD! I'm not always going to talk about the library in this blog, but let's talk about economics and more importantly, how to get stuff cheaper (or free).  I don't care how much money you have...it's always fun to save some--or  spend it on something else.  

And to conclude the post today..a Knock-Knock Joke!

Person 1: Knock-Knock!
Person 2: Who's There?
Person 1: Austere!
Person 2: Austere who?
Person 1: Austere you in the right direction!  To the library! To save some cash!

Okay give me a break, most of the knock-knock jokes I make up are for my 5-year-old and she thinks they are ALL hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment