Monday, February 25, 2013

Life & Style | Linen Closet Ghost

My linen closet is haunted.

That is my only semi-logical explanation about my timelessly messy closet.

Believe me, I have tried numerous times to clean this closet during the past few years, but it ends up getting messier than before in no time.

So I am sticking to the ghost story and declare my closet haunted.

I want my linen closet to look like this: 

But my closet, looks like this.
It is Sunday morning and the task of the day is to clean the haunted closet.

My sweet daughter, has made me sunny side up eggs to energize me for my epic battle.

I am arming myself with garlic water to ward off the ghost. (Hey it works for vampires. Didn't have access to any other type of water anyway)

I open my linen closet and I am immediately buried under the avalanche of towels, bed sheets, pillows, blankets, table cloths, etc...... 

I read somewhere that I should put all my bed set sheets inside a pillow case. I am doing it but the result is bulky and ugly.

I am telling you, this is no ordinary linen closet, this is a time capsule of past memories.

Here are some treasures that I have found in my linen closet.
  • Party favors that I had made for my daughter's baby shower 8 years ago.
  • MY baby blanket that my mom had saved for me.
  • My grandmother's prayer rug that she hasn't touched for the past two years.
  • I also found this beautiful hand written envelop with a beautiful card inside from my aunt's family congratulating me on my wedding.

In the end, cleaning this closet has brought back so many wonderful memories.

My baby blanket

 For sure, it was an unexpected trip down the memory lane.

My cleaner linen closet
Now it is your turn. I dare you to organize and clean a closet.

I guarantee you would come face to face with the ghost of your past memories.

Come to think of it, my linen closet was haunted after all.

It was haunted by my almost forgotten memories. 
  
Here are some library materials on this topic:
One year to an organized life 

Smart organizing : simple strategies for bringing order to your home 

Organizing from the inside out [DVD]  

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha

1 comment: