Monday, November 4, 2013

Just Life | The fault in our stars

I am reading "The fault in our stars."

This book is about Hazel, a 17-year-old cancer survivor. One day, in her cancer support group, she met Augustus a handsome cancer survivor and the rest is history. 

I haven't finished the book yet. 

I am hoping for a happy ending to their story, but I am doubtful. All I know is that cancer sucks. I just lost my uncle to Leukemia. Cancer is brutal and merciless.
 
Here are few things about cancer:
    • Cancer happens when some of the cells in the body become abnormal and start dividing out of control.
    • Cancer is the general term for more than 100 diseases. 
    • According to the American Cancer Society, " half of all men and one-third of all women in the US will develop cancer during their lifetimes". 

    Here are a few books on this morbid topic.

    The cancer prevention diet

    The emperor of all maladies

    The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks 

    [Sic] : a memoir

    Signing off until next Monday- Panteha




















    No comments:

    Post a Comment