Monday, September 30, 2013

Just Life | Football Widow

Football season is upon us and I am officially a football widow.  

My husband is a die-hard football fan. Me on the other hand, I am clueless about football.

During football season, we can't go anywhere or do anything, because there is football on TV.


When I lived in Tehran, the husband of my favorite neighbor was a serious mountain climber. One time, I asked her: "Where is your husband?" she said with a smile: "He is with his other wife."

I feel the same about football.

   
So, what should I do to get through this football season: 
  • Should I sit in my favorite chair and just read for hours?
  • Should I go shoe shopping?
  • Should I feel sorry for myself?
  • Should I sit next to my husband and be supportive? 
  • Should I visit family and friends and let my husband enjoy his football in peace? 
  • Should I watch funny movies like The Game Plan

As Erma Louise Bombeck once said: "If a man watches three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead." 

I couldn't agree more.

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha

No comments:

Post a Comment