Monday, March 18, 2013

Life & Style | Being Chubby Isn't That Bad After All



Who knew that having some extra fat can be beneficial?
 
I always wondered if a very skinny person and I were to end up on a deserted Island with no food in sight, who is going to survive the longest?

I bet that would be me!

You don't believe me?
 
Let's see. I have about 40 pounds of extra blubber on my body. One pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories. I need about 2500 calories to survive.

So let's do the calculations:
 
40 pound X 3500= 140000 calories
140000/2500=56 days of survival
 
That means if I have enough water, I can survive about 56 days on my blubber and hopefully by that time I would get rescued. Ok! I admit it is a very unscientific method. 
 
 
Mahatma Gandi during his hunger strike lived only on small amount of water and no food for 21 days. 

 
I bet I can beat that. 
 
So if you have spare tires or chubby legs, fear no more, you will outlive the normal weight folks. They might look better in clothing, but you will have the last laugh.

I am just talking about this brand new study that confirms being a bit chubby is not the end of world.

According to this article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) in January 2013, overweight individuals have a higher survivor rate than normal weight individuals.

 Based on this study, if your BMI is between 30-35, you are going to outlive a normal weight people.

I should show this study to my dad so he can stop harassing me.

Here is a Time magazine article referring to the same study:

Being Overweight Is Linked to Lower Risk of Mortality

 
Here is another article by The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition that indicates a higher BMI increase the survival rate in patients undergoing dialysis.
 

Survival advantages of obesity in dialysis patients 

 
These are some other advantages of being a bit chubby:
 
  • A more youthful skin.
  • Less chances of miscarriage.

  • Less chance of getting Osteoporosis. 

  • Higher survival rate after surgery or after an infection.
 
" If you get pneumonia and lose 15 lbs, it helps to have 15 lbs to spare."
 
You see. Stop fretting about your weight and go ahead and have another slice of chocolate cake 

I am telling you, It is not going to be the end of the world 
 
Signing off until next Monday- Panteha

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment