Thursday, March 21, 2013

Book Bucket List | A Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones is one of the most popular HBO shows in the history of the network.  The third season of this incredibly popular show will premiere on March 31!  So at the urgings of my husband, who has recently started reading the series, I am now OFFICIALLY featuring the first book, A Game of Thrones, of George R. R. Martin's series.

What I like about the Game of Thrones television series, is how closely it follows the book compared to other book to TV adaptations.  The books feature a multitude of plot lines featuring the lives (and deaths) of the powerful families that rule the world of Westeros.  In the first in the series, follows the Stark family as Ned Stark becomes "Hand of the King" and has to move to the capitol to basically serve as the day to day decision maker for the kingdom.  However, when the Lannister family takes control of the kingdom, the political climate changes very quickly and the Starks are forced to reevaluate their loyalties.

Our system also has the graphic novel, which I have read and is very cool, the DVD of the first season, and the soundtrack of the first season.

I've read the first book in the series and have watched the show.  If you're looking for a fantasy series that is thrilling with some shocking turns, this is definitely it.  My husband says he thinks of it as the Sopranos with swords. So come March 31, we will sit down to watch the premiere of the new season. (He will probably be MUCH more excited than me...)

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy both the TV series and the books. I am currently reading the 4th book in the series and can't wait to get to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this series! I've read them all and wish he could write them faster.

    ReplyDelete