Monday, February 4, 2013

Life & Style | Confessions Of A Semi-Bad Working Mom

As a working mom, I qualify as a circus juggler. I assure you. 

How else can I manage to take care of a household and my kid in addition to working full-time.

I am so envious of housewives, I confess. I want to switch places with them, but I can't really afford it. 

Working women can't have it all in my opinion. Let's face it, we are humans not robots.


I work 40h/week which means that I am away from my family 40h/week.

Since I feel guilty about not spending quality time with my daughter, I spoil her rotten then I wonder why she misbehaves sometimes.

Most nights, by the time I get home around 6:30 pm, I am already running low on fuel.

There are nights that I just want to dive in to my bed and just sleep. But I can't. I have to check homework, feed my kid, give her a bath, get her lunch box ready, get her school uniform ready, and then read to her.

I confess that there are some nights that I am so exhausted that I ask my kid to read to herself. 

Some nights, I am so sleepy after we read to each other that I don't have any energy left in me to open one of my own books. 

I also feel really guilty of not cooking enough homemade meals for my family during the week.  

There are also days that I just want to be left alone for just a few hours. On those days, I just want to be dropped in the middle of a deserted island and be left alone with a good book and a slice of chocolate cake.

Am I asking too much?

For me working and keeping a house in order and taking care of my kid and being a wife is a constant uphill battle.

But, I also have to confess to something.

I am blessed to have a great husband, great parents and a wonderful mother-in-law who help me out with everything and anything. 

But with all their help and support, being a working mother feels like training for the Iron Man triathlon every day of the week.

So, to all the single women out there, gear up for the challenge!

I've got to read one of these books one of these days: 

Just let me lie down : necessary terms for the half-insane working mom

Home-alone America : the hidden toll of day care, behavioral drugs, and other parent substitutes

Chicken soup for the working woman's soul

I don't know how she does it : the life of Kate Reddy working mother
  
Time off for good behavior : how hard working women can take a break and change their lives

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha














1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing a darn good job on all fronts!! Not sure about the deserted island, but you can definitely treat yourself to some chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete