Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Book Bucket List | People Who Eat Darkness

 I've been sick lately like everyone else.  And when I'm sick, I watch a lot of formulaic documentaries about true Crime. So as that's been my thing the last week, I got really excited about the book People Who Eat Darkness: the true story of a young woman who vanished from the streets of Tokyo and the evil that swallowed her up by Richard Parry.

The story is about the strange circumstances of the disappearance and murder of Lucie Blackman, a British citizen working as a host at a club in Tokyo.  The book is a biography about her murderer almost as much as it is about the victim, so it gives more about the killer's motivation and ....problems than in similar books that only focus on the victim.

I am not normally a fan of true crime books (That obsession belongs to my mother-in-law), but when I read this book, I found it really interesting.  So if you're looking for an interesting book about a really rather crazy true story, add this to your bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment