Monday, January 7, 2013

Life & Style | Chavez Library Tours

Did I tell you that I am giving Library tours starting January 23rd?

It is going to be on Wednesdays at 4:00 pm.

I am so excited.

I know from personal experience that libraries might sometimes feel a bit intimidating.
 
Where to start? One might ask.

A library tour is a good place to start, I guarantee it.

I think people sometimes don't realize all the free services available to them in the library.

For example, did you know that you can checkout pre-loaded Nooks from your library for free?

So come over and and I will personally show you around.

You might even meet our library ghost.

Don't laugh. There might be one you know.

I am gonna tell you a secret; just between you and me.

Years ago, when I got hired at Chavez library, the typewriter of Harriet Chalmers Adams; the famous American explorer, was sitting right in the middle of my work station for months. I didn't dare move it from my desk for months thinking that it was part of the landscape. But every once in a while I could hear this soft noise coming from it. I am not kidding, I am dead serious.

I am happy to report that that typewriter is no longer sitting on my desk scaring the bejeezus out of me.

Any way,

Here are some facts about Cesar Chavez Library:
  • Chavez Library was opened on September 19, 1964.
  • Chavez Library was build at a cost of $1,750,000.
  • 22,144 visited Chavez Library this November.
  • Chavez Reference Staff answered 3650 reference questions in the month of Nov 2012 alone.
  • 24,144 items were checked out of the Chavez library in Nov 2012.
  
Knowing your library resources can be as useful as knowing how to change a flat tire.  

So if you are free on a Wednesday, come over to Cesar Chavez for a quick library tour at 4:00 pm. The Tour begins in front of the first floor customer service desk.

You never know, You might end up eating a cookie or two at the end of your Library tour.

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha




    No comments:

    Post a Comment