Thursday, January 3, 2013

Book Bucket List | To Kill a Mockingbird and Flight Behavior

In five days, it will be 2013.  I know for a fact that if I make a resolution that's supposed to last all year, I will probably end up breaking it. (Especially if it involves Chiptole...) So instead, I'm going to shoot for something easy so I don't have to worry breaking any far fetched resolution.  I've decided that in January, I am going to read something old that has been sitting on my bucket list for awhile, and something new that I have just discovered and really want to read.

Years ago when I first read To Kill a Mockingbird, it quickly became one of my favorite books.  I read it twice in a row, and ran out and got the movie.  It's been awhile since I've picked up Harper Lee's classic novel, but I am going to now.  To Kill a Mockingbird was published in 1960 and won the Pulitzer Prize in 1962.  The book addresses prejudice, morality, courage, and generally doing the right thing in the face of adversity.  I love this book, and it will be the first book I read in 2013!

For the new release, I'm going to be picking up Barbara Kingsolver's Flight Behavior.  One of Kingsolver's older books, The Poisonwood Bible, is another one of my favorites and I can't wait to read her latest release.  When bored housewife, Dellarobia, avoids disaster and doesn't burn in the fire that destroys her home, her entire life changes.  I don't want to read too much about it, before I actually sit down with a copy, but I'm very excited about it!

So there you go, something old and something new for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment