Tuesday, July 15, 2014

She's Crafty | Craft Program and the RCF


Last time we met I told you about a teen program I was going to do, the one with the beads and the Morse code...Well, it is now an event of the past and I'm glad to report that it went well! There are only a few things that I would change when it comes to doing a jewelry craft program. Just a few tweaks to make it easier for participants. I also took a few mental notes about general programming for the future, which is going to be a big help for programs that are already in the planning phase. More on that in the future!

Success!
One of my biggest concerns going into the program was attendance. What if no one shows up?! What if too many show up?! What if, what if, what if...but, my fears were for naught--for a teen program we got good attendance with about 20 people in the room! This number included two helpers (thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!), a mother hanging out with her two teens, the same mother's two little ones playing in the back with storytime toys, and me! Check out all the fun...

 



Free faire fun!
In other crafting news, this weekend coming up Kaye and I will be attending one of our very favorite craft events, the Renegade Craft Faire!

Yay, the RCF! Known fully as, the Renegade Craft Faire San Francisco July Market. A.K.A., the craft faire that is free. Yes, free! A.K.A., the most popular craft event I have ever attended, e-v-e-r! If you'd like to attend too, the event is this Saturday and Sunday, July 19th and 20th, from 11 am to 6 pm at the Fort Mason Center Festival Pavilion. For more information, check out the event webpage.

For the RCF, Kaye and I will brave the crushing masses to find little pieces of crafting bliss. We shall feast our eyes on all the innovative craft items and utter a goodly amount of "ohs" and "ahs" at all the beautiful colors and textures. We will circle the limited parking spaces near the Fort Mason Center and end up parking a mile or more away just to enjoy some full-on craft immersion. To say that I'm excited is an understatement. This is an excitement that should be accompanied by horns, a jig or two, and some confetti. And I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Until next time, stay crafty my friends.
Malia & Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment