Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ms. Suzy Reads | And Gets Powerful

Here comes a confession: I used to not eat breakfast. I know, I know. This is not good for me! But I never seemed to find the time to eat breakfast. So I would wait until lunchtime to get a little nourishment, and for the record, by 10:30 am I was starving!

That's the old me. 

Then I met Jafra, Irene, Jessica and Veronica. They inspired me to change.

Jafra, Irene and Jessica are recent graduates of University of the Pacific. Veronica is a student at Stagg High School here in Stockton.

The four of them have come up with a totally FUN, free, and awesome learning opportunity for students in grades 4 through 6: Move, Play & Grow: How Carbs, Fats & Proteins Power Your Day. This special program will be held on three consecutive Tuesdays -- July 15, 22, and 29 -- from 3:30-4:30 pm at the Chavez Library. 

In this interactive program, children will learn about nutrition, energy and physical movement. They'll learn about how WHAT we eat helps us have the ENERGY we need to do the things we enjoy. It's a win win!

And if you're interested in learning about this right now, here's a book to help you do just that: Food and Energy: Striking a Healthy Balance by Kristin Petrie. This book will teach you about nutrition labels and serving sizes. It will teach you about the food pyramid. It will show you how to be healthy!!


So mark your calendars for Move, Play & Grow at the Chavez Library. Today at 3:30 pm. 

We'll see you there!

Happy Reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment