Thursday, July 17, 2014

Book Bucket List | The Heiresses

I'm a very impatient person.  I'm well aware of this fault and have to remind myself to be patient all the time.  This even applies to the books I read.  I've never enjoyed mysteries very  much because I just want the book to get to the point already!  My impatience is the reason why I've never read very many mysteries, except maybe for school or a book club.  However, we recently got a huge shipment of new books and one book in particular caught my eye.  It was The Heiresses by Sara Shepard, and it happened to be a mystery.

I knew Sara Shepard was a popular author, she penned the very popular series Pretty Little Liar which is now a TV show.  So after reading the jacket, I decided to give it a chance.  The Saybrook family seems to have it all.  They own one of the most successful jewelry stores around (think Tiffany's) and are one of the most envied families in Manhattan.  However, their family is cursed with accidents and tragedy.  After one of their own is found dead (again!) they band together to try to figure out who is attacking their family.

This was a fun read for me.  The characters live these unbelievable lives, so it was fun to escape into that for a little while.  And honestly, I liked reading about their clothes.  Though it was still a mystery, and I wanted more clues and the plot to move forward a little more than it was, but I still enjoyed it.  It's a very fluffy mystery, not too dark and grisly.

No comments:

Post a Comment