The easy reader books are tailored toward kids from kindergarten through 2nd grade.
When you open an easy reader book, you will see only a few lines on each page. This allows your child not to get overwhelmed by too much text.
When my daughter was younger, she loved the following easy readers:
- Henry and Mudge series by Cynthia Rylant- About a boy and his giant dog Mudge
- Mr Putter and Tabby series by Cynthia Rylant- About an old man and his cat
- Poppleton series by Cynthia Rylant- About a giant pig and his friends
- Minnie and Moo series by Denys Cazet- About two mischievous cows
- Piggie and elephant books by Mo Willems
So, on your next visit to your local library, make sure to visit the easy readers area.
Signing off until next Monday- Panteha