Thursday, October 24, 2013

Book Bucket List | NOS4A2

Scary stories are one of my favorite guilty pleasures.  I can't stand to sit through any horror movies though, and when I've tried I end up covering my face so I can't see it anyway. But scary books?  I love them and can't get enough, especially around this time of year.

Recently, I learned that one of the kings of creepy chillers, Stephen King, has a son that also writes frightful books.  Joe Hill, born Joseph Hillstrom King, also has a successful writing career.  Joe is pretty active on his website and updates his readers frequently on his works in progress.  He has written four novels with his latest being the very creepy NOS4A2.

NOS4A2 is about the child abductor Charles Manx who drives around in his 1938 Rolls Royce and steals children.  Not only is he a child abductor, which is creepy enough, but he then turns those kids into demons.  Victoria McQueen, who has some supernatural powers of her own, barely comes away from a brush with Manx unscathed.  Many years later, Vic comes across Manx again,and this time, her son is involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment