Tuesday, October 8, 2013

4 Kids | Beware the Magic Kingdom

In my living room I have a picture of me with my two good buddies -- Lloyd and Amy -- as we are careening down in a log ride on Splash Mountain in Disneyland. We had so much fun. We left at 3 am on a Saturday morning, drove to LA, spent the day/night in the park, slept a few hours that night, then hit California Adventure on Sunday. Home Sunday night by midnight and back to work the next day.

Funny thing, though. I had a very hoarse voice on Monday morning. I could barely speak. My good buddies claim I was a screaming fool on the many times we rode Space Mountain (that scary, orbit ride where it really feels like you're leaving earth). Supposedly, I was screaming something like "Oh Mommy! Oh Daddy! Please help me!" I can't believe I'm even writing this. I'm sure my buddies are wrong. Although how is it that Amy has a tape recording of this? Hmmm.

I digress. 

I'm thinking of Disneyland because I just started the most awesome book ever: Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson. This is one of the most suspenseful books I've read in a long time. I'm halfway through, and would have finished the whole thing last night/this morning if it wasn't for having to be at work!

So here's the deal: Finn Whitman and 4 other teens are hired by Disney World in Orlando, Florida to be hologramed as guides. So after some fancy technology shenanigans, Finn and the others appear as guides to help visitors to the Magic Kingdom. A rather neat concept, right? Only very early on, something strange happens. When the 5 guides go to sleep at night, their dreams take them to Disney World after dark. Only "take" might not be the right word. The guides are needed in the Magic Kingdom to help fight a group of Disney villians, led by Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. Seems the villains are bent on taking over Disney World -- and maybe more! Will Finn and the other guides solve the riddle of the Stonecutter's Quill? I can't wait to find out!

And the very great news is that there are more Kingdom Keepers books in this series. 

Trust me. You will love this book! 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment