Monday, September 9, 2013

Just Life | Go Grab Your Bike

In the past few weeks, I have gone on a few bike rides with my daughter and I have been loving every minute of it.

This new adventure has given me a chance to truly look at my neighborhood with brand new eyes. I love looking at beautiful front yards. It is wonderful to say hello to this neighbor and that neighbor. We even stopped to play with our neighbor's brand new puppy, Rocky a fluffy Shih Tzu. He is so cute. I just wanted to take him home and rename him Turbo.

I also have been cherishing my uninterrupted time with my daughter. There are no phone calls to distract us, no television to compete with us, it is just me and my daughter and my Stockton neighborhood.   

So go grab your bike and explore your neighborhood. 

Here is a link to bike routes around Stockton. (You can also google bike routes in other cities.)
 
Stockton Bike Routes (Go to the bottom of the page for Existing Bikeway Map)

Here are a couple of books for the adventurous bike riders out there:

Northern California biking : 150 of the best road and trail rides 


San Francisco Peninsula bike trails 

Here is also an interesting book about exploring your neighborhood.

On looking : eleven walks with expert eyes

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha

No comments:

Post a Comment