Thursday, September 12, 2013

Book Bucket List | Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

In Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume, Peter has to deal with the antics of his little brother, Fudge. I can relate to poor Peter, as I also have dealt with younger brothers.  In fact, I think I may have had it even worse than Peter, as my younger brothers are twins and are twice the trouble.  (I could probably fill a book with all of the woe they have brought me.)

Just like my own brothers, Fudge loves to infuriate Peter.  Peter gets school work ruined, his teeth knocked out, and even has to search for his brother in a movie theater.  Their parents don't see that Fudge is running wild and dotes on him nonstop.  However, Fudge takes it to the next level when he says that he has eaten Peter's pet turtle.  Neither of my brothers ever said that they had ate one of our pets, but there was this time when one of them cut off all of the fur on our dog's legs.  She ended up looking pretty ridiculous for a long time.

Blume follows this series with Superfudge, Fudge-a-Mania, and Double Fudge. We have copies of all of these at our library branches!

No comments:

Post a Comment