Monday, September 16, 2013

Just Life | Biographies Are Wonderful

I recently finished two biographies. They were eye openers.

One was The alley of love and yellow jasmines: a memoir by Shohreh Aghdashloo. She is the first Iranian actress to be nominated for an Oscar. 

The other was Cooked seed: a memoir by Anchee Min.
 
These two biographies not only have given me a glimpse into the lives of these two individuals, but also history lessons about the hardship of living during revolutionary Iran and during Mao's rein in China.

I tell you, biographies are great.

If you don't have time or energy to dive into a huge biography, then consider checking out a short biography like these
:

Curie (1867-1934) in 90 minutes

Darwin (1809-1882) in 90 minutes

Einstein (1879-1955) in 90 minutes

The Library system also has biographies on audio format. My favorite biography on CD is Battle hymn of the tiger mother. After listening to this bio, I realized what a lenient mom I am. I recommend this audio to all the moms out there.

If you want to introduce biographies to your child, consider checking out biographies by Mike Venezia His biographies are full of fun illustrations and fun facts. My daughter, a third grader, loves his books.

So on your next trip to your local library, don't forget the biographies.

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha





No comments:

Post a Comment