Monday, August 26, 2013

Just Life | Help! My Kid Is Going Back To School

It is the beginning of another school year. My kid is going to third grade.

Experts say that 3rd grade is an important milestone in a child's education, so I am in panic mode. Is my child ready?

I want to know what my kid would be learning in 3rd grade. So I went to California Department of Education to get some answers. In their search box, I typed "third grade curriculum" and I found a gem.

As I browsed through the 3rd grade curriculum, I realized that I didn't know some of the terms and concepts that my kid would be learning this year.

So I guess I am going to back to school. My estimated graduation date would be 2023 unless I flunk a couple of grades which is highly likely. 

Please don't panic like me. You can find free homework help and math tutoring for your kid in the following local libraries.

Chavez Library (605 North El Dorado Street, Stockton)
  • Free Homework help for 1st-6th grade students on Wednesdays 3:30- 5:30(Starting on September 4th, 2013)
Troke Library (502 West Benjamin Holt Drive, Stockton)
  • Free Homework help for K-5th grade students. Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 4:00pm- 6:00pm (Already in progress)
  • Free Math Tutoring for 6th-12grade students on Tuesdays & Wednesdays 4:00-6:00pm. Thursdays 5:00pm-7:00pm.( Already in progress)

Here are some math practice books from your local library:


Extra math practice. K, math workbook  

Extra math practice. Grade 1, math workbook  

Extra math practice. Grade 2, math workbook  

Extra math practice. Grade 3, math workbook 

Extra math practice. Grade 4, math workbook  

Extra math practice. Grade 5, math workbook  

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha


No comments:

Post a Comment