Thursday, July 25, 2013

Book Bucket List | The Cuckoo's Calling

I cannot wait to get my hands on Robert Galbraith's The Cuckoo's Calling.  Absolutely, cannot wait.  Why would I be itching to get my hands on a first time author's crime novel?  Well, Mr. Robert Galbraith is not actually a "Mr." at all, but J. K. Rowling!  She chose that pseudonym because she considers Robert F. Kennedy to be one of her heroes (a valid reason) and that when she was a child, she really, really wanted people to call her "Ella Galbraith" (a somewhat less valid reason.)

After the book was released on April 30, the book was positively reviewed and sales were moderate.  However, this July, Rowling told her editor that she had actually written The Cuckoo's Calling and ever since then, copies have been flying off the shelves.

The story is about detective Cormoran Strike who has recently returned from a tour in Afghanistan.  His private investigation business  and personal relationships seem to be falling apart, until Cormoran is given a case concerning the mysterious death of a supermodel known as the "Cuckoo".  This new case sends Strike into the magical (see what I did there?) world of the rich and famous.

I can't wait to read Rowling's latest book and will now add myself to the hold list!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I never would have known that had I not read this post. I think I'll be on that hold list as well.

    ReplyDelete