Friday, May 24, 2013

Short Attention Span Challenge | "Uncle!"

A month and half!  It has been a month and half since I have done a challenge.  If you remember, the last challenge was "Graphology" and I was still delusional enough to think that I was going to squeeze in some extra blog posts, between raising my kids, working full time, trying to get into grad school, and so on and so on.  Well, here's the deal, I am going to go ahead and say it right now; this is the "I bit off more than I can chew skill" (as one of my friends told me to call this week's blog post).  52 Challenges in 52 Weeks!  I don't know what I was thinking.  As much as I hate to do this, the time limit is over on this blog.  I am still going to do 52 challenges, but for the sake of my own sanity, it's not going to happen in 52 weeks.
Let's be real (yes, I am going to do this)...admitting your beat is sort of skill in itself.  Admitting your beat, but also saying "No".  Deciding what the priorities in your life are, getting them in order, and getting rid of some self- added pressure can be the moment where scrambling around trying to get EVERYTHING done turns into the moment where the weight is lifted from your shoulders, you can breath, and you start concentrating on what's most important!  Maybe even yourself!  What a wonderful feeling!
Until next Friday (or not!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment