Tuesday, May 21, 2013

4 Kids | And the Winners Are

....Well, you've probably already seen the names of the winners of the Children's Book Week Writing Contest. Before I list them here, let me say one thing:

You 4th, 5th and 6th graders rock!!! I read over 600 stories and they were all so very, very good. Some of them left me hanging (in a really good way). Some made me laugh. But they ALL made me want to stand up and raise some serious jazz hands.

It was tough to pick 3 winners because they were all so good, but we had to pick 3 winners, and we think we picked 3 really good ones.

Read the winning stories right here. Congratulations Sienna Smith (4th grade winner), Stephanie Mendez (5th grade winner) and Jacob Esplin (6th grade winner). Keep writing. Please!!!
And I can't thank our distinguished authors enough: Deborah Underwood, Bruce Hale, and Gennifer Choldenko. Boy let me tell you...you won't meet three cooler people anywhere. I was lucky enough to get to hear all three of them speak. Talk about some serious inspiration. And if you want to be inspired by the creative genius of these three authors, check out the library's catalog and type in one of their names. You won't be disappointed.
So now I must apologize that I haven't read any children's books this week because I was a little busy. But I'll be back to it soon and have some great reading recommendations for you next Tuesday.
Until then, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment