Tuesday, May 28, 2013

4 Kids | Gods and Goddesses

Thanks to my good friend, Kathleen...I learned about a great series of books by Magic Tree House author Mary Pope Osborne: Tales from the Odyssey. For all of you Greek mythology fans -- and of course that means Percy Jackson -- this series is a must read.

In the first book, The One-Eyed Giant, we learn about Odysseus, the King of Ithaca who battles the cyclops. It's a thrilling story you can finish pretty quickly. And when you're finished, you have a much better sense of all those Greek gods and goddesses. It's fun. It's fast. And I highly recommend it!

There are six titles in this series, and I can't wait to continue my journey of Greek mythology! Read them and let me know what you think!

Here's a little Greek trivia for you:

1. What son of Zeus is known as the trickster god?
2. Who is the god of seas and rivers?
3. Who is the god of the sun, music and poetry?
4. Who is Zeus' wife?

Do you know all the answers? Really?

Ok, instead of waiting until next week, I'll list the answers here. But seriously, visit the library nearest you and check these books out! If you don't see them on the shelf, ask library staff to help you place a hold. You won't be disappointed.

Answers:
1. Hermes
2. Poseidon
3. Apollo
4. Hera

Until next week, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment