Monday, April 29, 2013

Just Life | Too Old For Amusement Parks

I am officially too old for amusement parks. I don't have the guts for scary rides anymore.

Last week, my dare devil daughter wanted to try the crazy California Screamin' roller coaster at the Disney California Adventure. 

My response:" No"

Let me explain:

First, from the horrid screams coming from the passengers of that ride, I was sure that my daughter would end up vomiting all over me at the end of that ride and I didn't want to deal with that. Second, she wanted someone to follow her on that ride and I didn't want to end up vomiting all over myself either. So, the answer was "No".

I couldn't ask my husband or my father to go with her either since they were both as green as two California sequoias at that moment.

I think my dad suffered the most that day. Since I wasn't volunteering for any crazy rides, he volunteered himself often to follow his grand-daughter to all sorts of scary and vomit inducing rides. At the end, my poor dad looked really pale and was wondering, how in the world he got duped into coming to this California Adventure with us in the first place. 

My husband wasn't immune to my kid's evil plans either. He was also dragged onto the Goofy's sky school ride. According to him, every time, that car zoomed through a corner, he was sure that he would topple that small car to the ground at any moment and would end up going to prison for killing three innocent children.


That entire day, I kept thinking: " I am getting too old for this." 

The funny thing is that I used to beg my parents to take me & my cousins to amusement parks. We used to spend hours hopping from one ride to the next. Sometimes we threw up at the end of a ride, but we didn't let that fear stop us from trying scary new rides. My friends...those days are long gone.

Last year, during the Asparagus Festival, I took my kid on an innocent Ferris wheel ride and the entire time on that ride, I was praying to God that there wouldn't be any technical difficulty. Since, if we fell from such a height, I'm sure we would have made a really good spaghetti meat sauce after the impact. 


Next Stop, Disney World :)
 
Fodor's 2013 Walt Disney World  

Birnbaum guides 2013 Walt Disney World 

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha

2 comments:

  1. A young friend talked me into the ferris wheel at the AsparaFest this year. We both found it plenty scary (but a really nice view).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Thanks Heaven that I am not the only one finding that ride scary.

    ReplyDelete