Monday, April 22, 2013

Just Life | Cities of Angels

I was about 39,000 feet above the ground, in an airplane with my 7-month-old daughter. I had been in that airplane for more than 10 hours and before that, I was stuck in London's Heathrow Airport and before that I was flying from Tehran to London. I was exhausted, my baby was exhausted/cranky, and she was crying.

Then it happened. I saw my angel. A kind hearted passenger came to my rescue.

She just took my daughter from my arms and cradle her like a mother and starting talking to me like an old friend.  At that moment, she was my angel.

(You weren't expecting me to tell you that I saw a winged angel. Did you?) 

Anyway...

The world would be a sad and lonely place if we didn't have angels like her among us. 
 
Now let me toot my own horn a bit and tell you about the time I saved a kid's life.

We were at a children's pool party. We were all hovering around the pool and having fun. Years ago, I lost my cousin to drowning so that day, I was watching my kid like a hawk. I was also having a conversation with one of the party guests. All of a sudden, I saw her daughter's head under the water and she wasn't coming up for air. So I casually asked the woman " Does your daughter know how to swim?" and her only response was: " Oh, my God."

So I just jumped in and dragged the kid out of the pool.

Voila!  Just call me angel Panteha :)
Let me tell you another brief story about my grandfather. My grandfather was a great human being and did his best to help everyone and anyone. So here is a story about my grandpa meeting his guardian angel:

When my dad was a kid, my grandfather owned a lumber factory. One year, the business was really slow and after paying his employees, there was no money left. That worried his family but he kept telling his family not to worry. Not long after, they were all eating dinner and the door bell rang. Here came in a man with a handkerchief full of money asking my grandfather to build him wooden boxes for his fruit business. That night, my grandpa met his guardian angel and was able to provide for his family.

There are angels among us and we are all angels to one another when we choose to take care of one another.

I believe in karma and for better or worse, we are all in it together.

The book of angels

Hot chocolate for the mystical soul


Signing off until next Monday- Panteha
 












 




No comments:

Post a Comment