Saturday, April 6, 2013

Books On Film | Jurassic Park

Welcome back Dinos!

Universal Pictures has just re-released Jurassic Park (originally released 1993) as an IMAX 3-D movie. It's a PG-13 scifi action film about a group of people stuck on an island where dinosaurs, who have been cloned from fossilized DNA, get loose. 

The movie was wildly successful when it was first released. Since then there has been several sequels and it's become an amusement park ride at at Universal Hollywood theme park.

It's based on Michael Crichton's book Jurassic Park. The movie closely follows a lot of the plot from the book, although much more happens in the book than the movie. The book is also much creepier than the movie. While the movie can be enjoyed by audiences of most ages, the book is definitely meant to be read by teens and adults.

As a child, I really enjoyed this movie. They spend a good amount of time just showing off the dinosaurs before all of the action starts happening and there are children characters in the film. If you or your older child have never seen it, do so! If you enjoy suspense novels, then definitely pick up the book and it's sequel, The Lost World, pronto.


Covers Courtey of LibraryThing

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading that book when I was in 6th grade. We were camping and slept in my tent reading it at night with a flashlight...big mistake. I don't think I slept a wink that night. When the movie came out, and they got in those SUVs, I knew what was going to happen and I ended up hiding in the bathrooms (which is sort of ironic, actually) for about 10 minutes until I thought the Tyrannosaurus Rex was probably done. I love the movie, but the book is definitely scarier, and it is too bad because so many people won't read it now that they have seen the film!

    ReplyDelete