Thursday, February 14, 2013

Book Bucket List | The Notebook

So it's Valentine's Day! I love this holiday, it's basically just an excuse for romance, gifts, and unnecessary candlelight. So for this awesome, awesome day I will give you some romantic book suggestions.

The Notebook.  This is a given, and I apologize for the obvious first pick, but this is the best Nicholas Sparks book I've read.  In typical Sparks fashion, it follows the story of the relationship between teens Noah and Allie.  After a summer together, they are torn apart by parents and social expectations, but are eventually brought back together in a spectacular fashion.  We also have the movie, which stars Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams. (I love this movie).  So if you're looking for a book and film that won't leave you with a dry eye, pick up a copy of this book!


Pride and Prejudice. I have posted before about my love of Jane Austen, and this is one of my favorite books of all time. It's funny, romantic, and has some great social commentary. If you haven't read this, Valentine's day is a great excuse.

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. This book was just recommended to me, and I am so excited to read it.  Partially set during World War II, Henry Lee loses contact with the girl he loves when she and her family are sent off to a Japanese internment camp.  I haven't read it, but the reviews for this book are all great.  I'm going to go grab it right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment