Friday, November 2, 2012

Food, Food, Food | Meet Mazie Reynolds

Now you will all get to meet Mazie Reynolds.  Mazie is a Chihuahua mix that literally walked into the library and my life.  She actually marched right up to the Information Desk and seemed to be asking a reference question about where she could best serve our customers.  I took her home “for the night” and it is turning out to be the longest one night stand in history.  She has a complete wardrobe that includes some sweaters, a rain slicker and several sundresses.  Her most recently dress is a leopard print one so that we can dress alike. 

Don’t forget that your library has lots of books about dogs.  My new favorite is Chihuahuas are the Best! by Elaine Landau.  My sweet girl sort of looks like the glamour dog on page 11. 

Back to food!  My favorite restaurant in town is Centrale.  They just released their Winter Menu and it is full of yummy treats.  My person favorite is Apricot/Bourbon chicken fritters with fries.  For brunch I love their Belgian Waffle because it comes covered in fruit and with a side of melted chocolate.  Melted chocolate!    They have a new dessert on the menu- Apple Fritters.  Order with a side of sour cream, I promise you will be happy you did. The wait staff is outstanding and I am a bit embarrassed to admit that most of them know what I want to drink when I get there. 

I’d love to hear about other favorite restaurants in town.   Post a comment.  I will try your suggestions and review them myself.  It will give me an excuse to go out to dinner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment