Monday, February 16, 2015

Just Life | Unexpected question

Sometimes we get the most unexpected questions at the reference desk.  

A few months ago, I was working at the reference desk and a patron approached the desk and asked me point blank:

Do you have horns?

MMMMMMMMMMMM.

To tell the truth, I was a bit shocked by that question.

So, if out of the blue, a person walked up to you and asked you this question, what would be the first thing that would come to your mind? 

I posed this question to my family over dinner, and here were their answers:

Do you have horns? ....answer    How did you know?

Do you have horns?.... answer    Yes, a Trombone and a Tuba.

Do you have horns?.... answer    Yes, but I left them at home. 

Do you have horns?.... answer    No, but I have a tail.

Of course after my initial shock wore off, I asked the patron " What do you mean?" and the patron explained that she was looking for a book by that title. 

And yes, our library carries "Horns" by Joe Hill. By the way, did you know that Joe Hill is Stephen King's son. 

I tell you, working at the Reference desk is anything but ordinary.

Signing off until next Monday- Pantreha

1 comment: