Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ms. Suzy Reads | In a Box?

One of my favorite passages from the timeless classic Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss is this:

Would you eat them
in a box?
Would you eat them
with a fox?

Not in a box.
Not with a fox.
Not in a house.
Not with a mouse.
I would not eat them here or there.
I would not eat them anywhere.
I would not eat green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am. 
 

I don't know why this makes me giggle, but it does...especially the line about not eating in a box.

Speaking of boxes, I just came across an awesome craft book entitled Build It with Boxes by Joan Irvine. If you're looking for some pretty inexpensive fun, this book is chock full of great ideas. From mini-golf to a robot to your own triceratops! Don't throw away that old box! Repurpose it into something FUN!


And speaking of boxes even more: Did you know the Library now has Storytime Kits that can be checked out for 3 weeks? These are themed "storytimes in a box" that young children (and older children, too!) will enjoy. Each box contains 5-7 pictures book based on a theme, an activity book, a nursery rhyme booklet, and either a puppet or a flannel board and story. Click here for more information about storytime kits! 


That's it for now! Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment