Recently, my friend Marnie asked me a few questions. Turns out this was a riddle, and I was pretty terrible at figuring out the answers. I only got one out of four right. (I'm a perfectionist so I felt pretty awful about this.)
See if you can figure out the answers to this riddle:
2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?
3. The Lion King is hosting an Animal Conference. All the animals attend ... except one. Which animal does not attend?
4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?
Here are the answers:
1 . Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.
2. Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.
3. The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there.
4. You jump into the river and swim across. All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Conference. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.
I thought this was a really fun exercise. If you want to see more riddles and questions like this, check out these books from our libraries!