Monday, May 19, 2014

Just Life| Grandma's Persian Rug


On mother's day, my mom brought me a small red Persian rug that belonged to my late grandma. 

That small rug transported me back to my childhood. For as long as I could remember, that Persian carpet resided in front of my grandma's television. 

I used to lounge on that Persian carpet to watch TV with my grandma.


When my mom brought me that rug on mother's day, I automatically unrolled it in front of our own television set. 

A few minutes later, it was a bit magical and ironic to see my own daughter sitting on that same Persian carpet in front of the television, while both of her grandmas' were sitting on the couch behind her.

I wonder if this Persian carpet will end up in my daughter's house one day. 

And if I am lucky enough, I would be watching television with my own granddaughter reminiscing about the past.

In loving memory of my grandma (Mamani), who loved writing and reading poetry, here are a few Persian poetry books:
 
 
The gift : poems

The subject tonight is love : 60 wild and sweet poems 

A garden beyond paradise

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha

1 comment:

  1. I love this entry. So important to have those memories continue with your daughter. A comfortable and happy piece of your past has "come home".

    ReplyDelete