Monday, March 10, 2014

Just Life | Sauce Basics

Do you love to cook?

If the answer is yes, then you should take a look at this book:

" Sauces basics:recipes illustrated step by step" by Keda Black.

I came across this book by accident. I opened it and I was hooked. This book uses simple ingredients, simple directions and wonderful illustrations to teach you how to make different sauces. The pictures are so clean and crisp. Just loved this book's simplicity.

Here is an example of what you find in this book:


There are recipes for salad dressings, pasta sauces and even recipes for making foams. (I don't have the slightest idea what that is.)

What I love about this book is that it doesn't require a gazillion ingredients to make these sauces. The directions are very simple and easy to follow.

I tried the Lemon cream pasta sauce one night and I loved it but my husband & daughter weren't that thrilled.
 

They said that they were shocked by its intense flavor. Basically they weren't expecting such a unique pasta sauce from me. I have to admit, I am boring when it comes to cooking and they weren't expecting such a bold flavored food from me.
 

So to tickle my family's taste buds a bit more, I am planning to cook the following delicacies in the very near future:

Escargot followed by Fried Frog Legs and I would finish it with some "Brain Sandwich" which is a delicacy in Iran.

I am heading to my backyard, this instant to collect some snails...lol.


Signing off until next Monday- Panteha

No comments:

Post a Comment