Monday, June 17, 2013

Just Life | Sun Is Your Enemy!

Ok, be honest, do you wear sunblock religiously?

I just learned that 1 in 5 Americans will be diagnosed with skin cancer. Good news is that the simplest way to avoid skin cancer is to wear sunblock.
 
I hate wearing sunblock but I have been spraying myself with sunblock since I saw this article on CNN

My excuse for not wearing sunblock is always the same. I tell myself that I am not in the sun for that long so why bother. But as one Dermatologist told his patients; did you tunnel to get to my office?

Sunblock not only protects you from skin cancer, but also it keeps your skin young. 

And who doesn't want to look young?

Here are some basic facts about protecting your skin:
  • UVA rays from the sun make your skin age.
  • UVB rays are responsible for most of the skin cancers.
  • Your first line of defense to protect your skin is a sunblock of SPF30.
  •  You should try to avoid sun exposure between 10:00am- 2:00pm.
  • You should apply and reapply sunblock and you shouldn't forget putting sunblock on your ears, your neck and the top of your feet.
    • Also protect your skin by wearing long-sleeve shirts, hats, and sunglasses.

      If you are driving, know that UVB rays don't penetrate through your car window, so drive with your windows closed to protect yourself from cancer causing UVB rays. For more information go to American Academy of Dermatology.  

      Here are a couple of books about skin care from your local library:

      Skin rules : trade secrets from a top New York dermatologist 

      7 years younger : the revolutionary 7-week anti-aging plan  

      Signing off until next Monday- Panteha

      No comments:

      Post a Comment