Monday, April 15, 2013

Just Life | Ungrateful Me !

At the ripe age of 40, I still needed my dad to give me a life lesson.

A while back, after years of battling with my family to not have a television set in our living room, I was outnumbered and it was decided to have an entertainment center in that room. To be honest, I wasn't trilled about it and I wasn't happy about its cost either. Anyway...

My husband was very excited about it so I went with the flow. One day, when I came home from work, my husband announced that we are the proud owner of a fancy nancy "Home Theatre".

I wasn't excited about it and I couldn't fake it either.  A few minutes later in the kitchen, my dad casually mentioned my faux pas. He said that I should have been a bit more enthusiastic about it for my husband's sake. Then to my surprise he mentioned that years ago, when he bought me a yellow mountain bike, I wasn't that excited either.

I felt so bad. I must have hurt my dad's feeling pretty badly that he could remember that event so vividly 34 years later.

I really liked my yellow bike. I kept it for many many years and  I rode all over our Air Force Base with that yellow bike.

My father is absolutely right. I have a major character flaw. I am sometimes  ungrateful.

The opposite of me is my Japanese friend Reiko who just showers you with gratefulness every time she receives even the tiniest present.
 
I don't think I am going to forget this life lesson anytime soon.

Thanks dad.
 


Signing off until next Monday- Panteha



 

No comments:

Post a Comment