Monday, February 18, 2013

Life & Style | White Elephant

Our Work White Elephant
There is a framed picture of an elephant in our staff break room and underneath it, you can find an array of freebies that you can take home.

Welcome to Cesar Chavez White Elephant corner.

I have found some wonderful items from our White Elephant. This beautiful carosel horse is one them.

Legend has it that one day a white circus elephant appeared in front of the Stockton Public Library and went straight to our staff break room and turned in to a wall picture.

Gosh, my nose is growing.

Anyway, to have a successful White Elephant, everyone should contribute to it once in a while and I am happy to report that I have donated my fair share to this cause, I assure you.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice to have a White Elephant in Stockton neighborhoods a few times a year so Stocktonians can clear their closets and lend a helping hand to others in the process. 

For example, I am dying to find a filing cabinet that I can store all my important papers in and I don't really want to go and buy one.

Come to think of it, we need a White Elephant National Holiday.


I love this mug



I have some items in my house that I am dying to get rid of but the guilt isn't letting me to do it, because they were gifts from my friends and family. 

For example I really want to get rid of this blue coffee set that my mom brought me all the way from Iran. Apparently she had bought this set from a distant relative about 35 years ago.

This entire set has been cluttering an entire shelf of my kitchen cabinet for the past nine years and I have yet to use them. Come to think of it, I should save them for 20 more years and give it as antique to my daughter on her wedding day since all brides need something blue on their special day.
 
Or maybe, I should have a White Elephant giveaway this summer and get rid of it.

I am also thinking about giving away my husbands' two GIGANTIC speakers which resembles two giant African elephants (a.k.a Panteha's eye sore) and while I am at it, I might give away his collection of CDs & Blu Rays just to be little playful.


How about one of these books to start a clutter free life:





Signing off until next Monday- Panteha











No comments:

Post a Comment