Friday, February 1, 2013

Food, Food, Food | A Post Flu World

So, I had the flu.  Sure, I had a flu shot.  The doctor I saw essentially told me that they guess what the strains will be and make the shot.  I suspect they guessed wrong.  I have Kaiser and that place was a crazy place when I went in Monday for follow up.  My lab technician said that in particular children are really sick.  Please make sure that if you have kids you are giving them a healthy diet and lots of fluids.

I say all of this because I lost 6 pounds in 4 days.  I can afford to lose them, but that's because I weigh more than 56 pounds.  I realize that they won't stay away, sadly, but I felt terrific about the number on the scale. 

I also got some blood work results.  I am, apparently, the only person who can lose weight while carb-o loading.  I wish I could just eat fruit and carbs, but the doctor has asked me not to.  (Probably because I want dairy with either of them.  A LOT of dairy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment