Thursday, October 4, 2012

Book Bucket List | Introductions



Bucket List:
 noun
 informal,  

A number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime. (Oxford Dictionaries) 

When someone mentions their “bucket list”, I usually think of activities like skydiving, climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, and swimming with sharks.  The “bucket list” refers to once in a lifetime activities designed to excite, scare, or challenge the participant. Once complete, you check it off your list with varying degrees of feelings of accomplishment or “Why on Earth did I just do that?!”

In the same vein, a book bucket list contains titles that are “must reads” for various reasons. For example, the list hanging on my desk includes:


One is a classic that I have been told many times I need to read, the other is an author I have really enjoyed in the past, and one is a book that I loved as a kid so much that I still love reading it today!

So as my own list develops, I will be posting about my favorites in hopes it will help you with your own book bucket list.  This blog will have suggestions of books you should read at least once in your lifetime!  

Also, I always take suggestions! So comment below with your own suggestions, and maybe I’ll feature the book!


2 comments:

  1. Since I can already tell you and I have similar reading interests....try Tolstoy and the Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new favorite book is Code Name Verity, by Elizabeth Wein. It's a beautifully written coming-of-age story, set in World War II.

    ReplyDelete