Monday, October 1, 2012

The Wanderlust Librarian | Introductions

My name is Rena and I'll be your travel blogger for the library. If you're reading this, then you're probably interested in travel. If you're not interested in travel....then maybe reading my blog will get you excited about it! My philosophy is simple: Travel is exploring somewhere different than where you've been. Adventures are just as meaningful close by as they are far away.

I love to discover destinations through books. Some of my favorite travel inspirations are:
This book has rich writing that puts you into the Tuscan countryside. It also puts me in the mood to eat pasta. I love how genuine Frances is in the book. The author works out some of her complicated issues by transplanting herself in Italy. 

My ultimate dream as a kid: to run away to a museum and explore it when it was closed. Later, my dream was to get locked in a mall and get as many clothes as possible... but that dream was dashed when I read Secrets of the Shopping Mall by Peck.  (Look how scary those mannequins are!!). When I finally made it to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City decades later, I was in awe because I finally made it to the museum.

This magazine has great travel tips and amazing destinations for budget minded people. This magazine puts a positive perspective on being able to plan and save for big trips.

Consider what makes you happiest when you travel. There are books for every kind of person and every type of adventure you want to experience. Come and visit your local library to find inspiration.

Adventure is out there! - Ellie from "Up"

(Cover images courtesy of LibraryThing)


No comments:

Post a Comment