Friday, March 20, 2015

Award-Winning Reads | And the award goes to . . .

Award-Winning Reads | And the award goes to . . .

And the award goes to . . .

You! Yes, you! If you've read this far in my blog, then you're already a winner in my book *wink, wink*

Okay, before you roll your eyes at my attempt at "winning" you over, let me introduce myself and my, ahem, intentions.

Hello there! My name is Raquelle and I'll be sharing my thoughts on award-winning books, movies, music, etc. (but, to be honest, they'll mostly be about books). I'll explain what I appreciate about some familiar favorites, but also hopefully acquaint you with some new titles to love. And who doesn't want more to love? 

Speaking of something new (which can be borrowed, and has a little bit of blue,) and before I get on with my regularly scheduled reviews, I would like to present to you: 

Newbery in a Box! 


According to the American Library Association (ALA), the organization who designates these medals and honors, the Newbery Medal is awarded annually to "the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children."
File:Newbery Medal.jpg
This is a logo for Newbery Medal.Claiming fair use, this photo is being used for informational purposes only, to illustrate what the award looks like.

If you want to share your love of award-winning books with others, you can check out a box of 30 copies of a Newbery Award winner, an audiobook version, and a laminated list of discussion questions for an entire class, group of friends, or book club. For a good time, check out these kits for 6 fun-filled weeks!

Till next time, have a good reading! And I mean, really good, like, award-winning good *wink, wink*

Raquelle

No comments:

Post a Comment