Monday, June 9, 2014

Just Life | My Favorite Author

One of my favorite authors is Khaled Hosseini.

I am currently reading Khaled Hosseini's new book " And the mountains echoed" for my summer reading. This book has been sitting on my desk for the past few months and I was avoiding it for good reasons.

Khaled Hosseini. Pic from online.wsj.com
You see, Hosseini's books are wonderful but heart wrenching. That is why I kept postponing reading his new book. I needed enough courage to handle the human tragedies that come alive in his books.

When you are reading his books, you become part of the story and you suffer along side everybody else in the story.

Don't take his books on your summer vacation since it would make you sad and guilty all at the same time.

So far, I have read about 1/3 of this book and I am eager to see what is going to happen to Pari? Is she going back to Afghanistan? Is she going to learn about her past and her real family? 

If you haven't read any of his books, I recommend you to start with "The Kite Runner" and  "A thousand splendid suns".


I am warning you, get ready for a heck of a journey.

If you would like to learn more about this author, visit his website at:  


http://khaledhosseini.com/biography
 

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha


No comments:

Post a Comment