Monday, April 28, 2014

Just Life | Home Remedies!

I always wonder if home remedies have any merits. In my family, it seems like we can cure almost any ailment with two things: salt water and sweet tea.

For example, as soon as my dad catches a cold or gets a sore throat, he starts gargling warm salt water.

For any types of tummy problems, we drink hot sweet tea.

To verify the medical benefits of gargling salt water, I checked the Alternative Health Watch Database. I was pleasantly surprised to find articles about its effectiveness. So, at least one of our home remedies has a scientific stamp of approval. 

I still haven't researched the merit of sweet tea yet, but you never know.

So, the next time you catch a cold or sore throat, give salt water a chance.

While you are at it, check out a home remedy book from your local library.

The country almanac of home remedies

Mayo Clinic book of home remedies  

Alternative cures 

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha






 

No comments:

Post a Comment