Monday, July 15, 2013

Just Life | I Want A Tiger For Christmas

In my ideal world, I would be living in a house full of exotic animals. I would have a pet tiger, a cheetah, and a handsome bobcat that I would call Bob.

In my real world, my only pet is Smoky, an old cockatiel. He has been my companion for the past 15 years. My daughter also has two gold fish, Noodles and Connor. 

Our Smoky

I am a cat lover, but we can't have one because of my husband's allergy. I would like to have a small dog, but my husband doesn't think that is a good idea either. 

"Too much work" he said. 

He is probably right. Unlike him, I don't have any experience taking care of a dog. I have never faced all the challenges that come with owning a dog. I am a working mom.  I wonder if I can add one more responsibility to my to do list.

To be honest, now that I think about it, as I go through all the responsibilities and duties that come with welcoming a dog into our lives, I might not be ready. 

Maybe, after my daughter heads to college and if I am still alive after paying for her college tuition, then I might think about filling our empty nest with an adorable dog like this.

Picture from www.ullrichs.net

Until then, I have to wait and just read about them:



Howl : a collection of the best contemporary dog wit

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment