Monday, April 8, 2013

Life & Style | Don't Save That For An Special Occasion!

I have this crazy tendency to save things for special occasions. 

I have a closet full of nice clothes but I don't dare wear them to work. I tell myself that I should save them for a special party or a wedding. The funny thing is, that I am not really a party going kind of person in the first place. I prefer to stay home and read a magazine instead. So I am saving up all these nice clothes for something that I rarely attend.
What a waste!

I think I have learned it from my mom. She has this tendency to save things for us or to save things for special occasions instead of enjoying them right then. 
For example, on one of her trips to France, she brought back some expensive beauty products. But instead of using them on a regular basis so she could benefit from them, she saved them all in our refrigerator's door for years and used them only occasionally. 


I am telling you, ten years after that trip, we still had these beauty products inside our refrigerator's door. I am not kidding.

In my case, I have a closet full of clothes but I keep wearing the same clothes to work over and over. This is insane. I also have my favorite perfume; Coco Chanel that I absolutely love but I rarely use it. Saving it for my funeral I guess.

I think we all have similar tendencies to some degree. 

For example, do you have a beautiful china set that you save for special occasions?

Do you save up your favorite perfume for special occasions like me?

So, I have decided to raid my own walk-in closet and start wearing the clothes that I have been saving for that unforeseen special occasion.
I am going to start wearing my signature perfume more often darn it.

While I am at it, I am going to bring my nice hand lotions to work to share them with my great co-workers.

Your turn!

Are you saving up an expensive wine bottle for that special occasion, if the answer is yes, stop right now and pickup the phone, call a friend or a sibling and invite them over to share it with you. 

The way I see it, your special occasion is only a phone call away.


Life is too short to save things for only special occasions.

Signing off until next Monday- Panteha




No comments:

Post a Comment