Thursday, March 28, 2013

Book Bucket List | A Prayer for Owen Meany

A couple of weekends ago, my mother in law generously invited us over for pizza.  What we did not know, however, was that there were about thirty boxes of books in her garage she wanted us to go through to see if we wanted any.  I ended up finding some classics that belonged to my husband's Grandmother and a copy of one of my favorite books, A Prayer for Owen Meany.  I lost my copy of it a long time ago and was thrilled to find a new one.

So in my search for this book in our system, I found out that all of our copies are discarded.  HOWEVER! Because we have the Link+ system, you can still have this book shipped to you at your local library!  For Link+ information and rules...go here!

A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving, follows the relationship of Owen Meany and his best friend Johnny Wheelwright throughout their entire lives.  Johnny is amazed and amused by his peculiar friend Owen, until an accident changes everything.  Owen becomes convinced that he is in some way divine, a thought which changes the course of both of their lives.

I don't want to spoil too much of this book, so I will leave it up to you if you are interested in reading it.  It is considered an American classic and one of John Irving's best works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment