Tuesday, December 18, 2012

4 Kids | A Book a Week?

ispycincy.com
As each year comes to an end, it's easy to look ahead with excitement at what the New Year will bring. It's also really easy (as in, really, really easy) to make New Year's resolutions that are all about improving ourselves, breaking bad habits, etc., etc. I'm tired of making New Year's resolutions to change something I really don't want to change! No more! I'm not going to give up chocolate. Furthermore, I refuse to give up Taco Bell. For me, 2013 is going to be about enjoying life.....and that means books.
After very careful thought, I've come up with a resolution I'm rather excited about. I am going to read one book a week! Yes! One book a week. In all honesty, that's quite easy for me to do because, as you all know, I LOVE reading. But I'm going to read at least one great children's book that I find on the shelf of our wonderful Library.
I promise to share what I read with all of you on Tuesday mornings...right here...on the 4 Kids blog. I hope I'll entice you to read something new. Or old. Or funny. Or scary. Or adventurous. Or completely out of this world!
Since there are still a few days left of good old 2012, I'll finish the pile of books that sits on my nightstand:
The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
Kit's Wilderness by David Almond
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood (Book 1 of The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place series)
And please, dear readers, leave a comment below if you want to recommend a book you think I absolutely MUST read. I will read any and every book you recommend. I promise.

In the meantime, Happy Holidays to you and yours....and a very Happy New Year!!

See you in 2013!!


No comments:

Post a Comment